Master of Science in Sports Management (MSSPM)
- Fall applications due May 30 for international students and July 30 for domestic, Canadian, and online international students.
- Spring applications due Nov. 30 for domestic, Canadian, and online international students.
MSSM Admission Requirements and Instructions
- Completed MSU Graduate School Application. Applications must be submitted online. The Graduate School at Minot State University does not accept paper applications. To access the online application, please visit https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=ndusmingr. The exception to this is applications for re-admission (available on the Graduate School website).
- Requirements and Instructions. Detailed admission requirements and instructions can be found at MinotStateU.edu/graduate/future_students.
- Required Test Scores. International students must give evidence of proficiency in English. Such students should arrange to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A passing score on the TOEFL is 550 on the paper-based test (PBT) and 79 on the Internet-based test (IBT). A passing score on the IELTS examination is 6.0 overall band score.
- Applicants are required to submit a current resume or curriculum vita.
- Applicants are also required to submit a concise (500 words) Statement of Purpose describing their primary interest in the MSSM program, experiences related to the area of study, and objectives in pursuing the MSSM degree at MSU. In particular, the essay should be as specific as possible in describing the student’s interests, and relevant educational, research, commercial, government, or teaching experiences. If applying for more than one program, submit a separate Statement of Purpose for each program.
- International Applicants ONLY: Submit a declaration of finances. See Graduate School Admissions information (above) for more details.
|BADM 525||Strategic Marketing||3|
|BADM 535||Management Principles and Practices||3|
|BADM 537||Human Resource Management||3|
|BADM 550||Applied Statistics for Managers||3|
|or BADM 551||Spreadsheet Modeling and Decision Making|
|BIT 510||Leadership Communication||3|
|FIN 550||Sports Finance and Budgeting||3|
|KIN 510||Sports Leadership and Administration||3|
|KIN 540||Foundations of Sports and Exercise Psychology||3|
|KIN 555||Sports Law||3|
|KIN 560||Sports Media and Event Planning||3|
|KIN 595||Capstone Experience||3|
Dr. Terry Ferebee Eckmann
Co-Director Master of Science in Sports Management; Professor
Dr. Cyriac Pattathil Joy
Co-Director Master of Science in Sports Management; Assistant Professor
Dr. Andy Bertsch
Dr. Linda Cresap
Dr. Yung-Ju 'Ruth' Chen
Dr. Megan Fixen
Dr. Kelsey Higginson
Mr. Jerry Stai
Dr. Audra Myerchin
Mr. Steven Swenson