Master of Science in Management
Fall applications due May 30 for international students and July 30 for domestic, Canadian, and online international students.
Spring applications due Sept. 30 for international students and Nov. 30 for domestic, Canadian, and online international students.
MSM Admission Requirements and Instructions
- A completed MSU Graduate School application submitted online is required; paper applications are not accepted. Access the online application at MinotStateU.edu/graduate and select Apply Now. Detailed admissions requirements and instructions are also available on the Graduate School website. The exception to this application is for readmission (available on the Graduate School website under Forms).
- Requirements and Instructions. Detailed admission requirements and instructions can be found at MinotStateU.edu/graduate/future_students.
- In order for a student to pursue a graduate degree at MSU, the student must complete the formal online application for admission to the Graduate School and receive an official letter granting admission. Students are required to have a minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) for admission consideration. A GPA of 3.00 or above for the last 60 hours of coursework will be considered if a student does not meet the 2.75 requirements. Students who do not meet either GPA requirement may appeal to the department chairperson for consideration.
- Required Test Score: If the cumulative GPA is 3.00 or higher OR if your most recent semesters contributing to 60 semester hours is a 3.00, the scores for GRE/GMAT are not required. Acceptable GRE/GMAT scores need to be at or above the 50th percentile.
- GMAT information is available at http://www.gmac.com/gmat.aspx. Free test information can be found on the GMAC website.
- GRE information is available at www.ets.org. You may download free GRE test preparation materials at the following website: www.ets.org/gre/stupubs.
- In addition, international students must give evidence of proficiency in English. Such students should arrange to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A passing score on the TOEFL is 550 on the paper-based test (PBT) and 79 on the Internet-based test (IBT). A passing score on the IELTS examination is 6.0 overall band score.
- Applicants are required to submit a current resume or curriculum vita.
- Statement of Purpose. An applicant must submit a concise (500 words) essay describing his/her primary interest in the MSM program, experiences related to the area of study, and objectives in pursuing the MSM degree at MSU. In particular, the essay should be as specific as possible in describing the student’s interests, and relevant educational, research, commercial, government, or teaching experiences. If applying for more than one program, submit a separate Statement of Purpose for each program.
- International Applicants ONLY: Submit a declaration of finances. See Graduate School Admissions information (above) for more details.
|FIN 545||Financial Management and Accounting||3|
|BIT 510||Leadership Communication||3|
|BIT 560||Manage/Integrate IS Function||3|
|BADM 525||Strategic Marketing||3|
|BADM 535||Management Principles and Practices||3|
|BADM 537||Human Resource Management||3|
|BADM 550||Applied Statistics for Managers||3|
|or BADM 551||Spreadsheet Modeling and Decision Making|
|BADM 555||International Management||3|
|BADM 565||Strategic Management||3|
|BADM 595||Capstone Course||3|
|or BADM 598||Project|
|or BADM 599||Thesis|
Dr. Andy Bertsch
MSM Program Director, Professor
Dr. Linda Cresap
Graduate School Director, Professor
Dr. James Ondracek
Dr. Megan Fixen
Dr. Cyriac Joy
Mr. Jerry Stai