Credit Transfer

A student may request to transfer a maximum of nine (9) semester hours of graduate credit into a program of study, provided that an "A" or "B" was recorded for each course. The hours must have been earned at a regionally accredited institution. Transfer credits will not be accepted if the work was earned more than seven years prior to the date the student expects to complete the graduate degree. Workshop courses are not accepted into graduate degree programs.

A student must complete a "Request to Transfer Credit to a Degree Program" form.

The transfer of credit must be recommended by the student’s advisor/Program Director and chairperson with final approval by the head of the Graduate School. Transfer work is not used in the calculation of cumulative grade point average. Transfer credit should be submitted for approval at the beginning of each semester.