2017-18 Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs
The following guidelines for specific home-educated admission policies are patterned after the recommended criteria suggested by the National Center for Home Education.
Home Education Admission Requirements
Home Education applicants to Minot State University shall submit the following:
- Online application for admission
- Mandatory, nonrefundable $35 application fee
- Curriculum description or transcript showing the following:
- Specific listing of classes completed by the student, identified and/or separated by class levels. MSU may request a course syllabus or detailed description of course content.
- Clear identification of those courses which meet the North Dakota University System College Preparatory Requirements.
- Key explaining the grading system.
- Date of student’s graduation/completion of plan of study.
- Signature of the parent/instructor.
- Identification of any other private or public high school the student has attended.
- Diploma/Certificate issued by the local school district in which the student resides, if the district provides such a document.
- Official ACT/SAT test results, unless you are over the age of 25.
- Proof of Two Immunizations as required by the State Board of Higher Education: (Not required for admission consideration)
- Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR). Proof of immunization for measles, mumps, and rubella requires two doses of vaccine given no less than one month apart, or positive serologic tests.
- Students ages 21 and younger must provide documentation of immunity against meningococcal disease given at or after age 16.
Upon the student’s request, such records are sometimes available through the student’s high school (or college for transfer students) and can be sent to the University. No student will be permitted to enroll in a subsequent term until immunization or documentation of a waiver is complete.
See also: First Year Student Admissions Requirements.